The Truth Behind the Haunting on Payne Road

by

Published on November 3rd, 2008, 10:35 pm
Rift: X

Guest wrote:hey all. my name is max. I am a investigator in asheville, nc. I just visited payne rd visiting my sister which her bf had been to this road a long time ago. This was when there was really nothing out there. For when I was just down there, had an experience. It was not on edwards rd, but payne rd. That is if it was edwards where his house was and everything??? I would like to go back, and try to have a full investigation. And document it. If that is of getting permission. Is anyone planning on going to the road here in the near future? If anyone knows about how to get permission to go where edwards house is, I would be greatful. Also is edwards rd the one that has a gate, and a cemetery to the left? Or is there also another cemetery where edward payne is burried? Thats what my brother in law tells me.... Please respond with any info. Thx...

Is there anyone that knows where, or how to get permission for getting down this road? Is this road edwards road the road I am trying to go down that of it being gated, and a cemetary at the left of the gate? If you know, let me know. thx....
November 3rd, 2008, 10:35 pm

Sunnyrie wrote:First of all, let me introduce myself. My name is Crystal, I'm 27 years old, and I have resided in the surrounding area for the length of my life. I am a natural clairsentient and working on becoming a certified medium. I have a Christian background and am college educated. The reason for my giving details of myself as well as my background is so you may see that I am a "mentally normal" individual who has dedicated a great deal of time to the paranormal. What I am about to tell you my have you question the truth of what I say, but I will tell you the absolute truth; in whole.
I have always been fascinated with the paranormal since as far back as I can remember. Thus, the reason for my certifications. Being extremely interested in the paranormal, I have come across many stories and investigated many possible hauntings, but the one that stands out is about Edward Payne. I was taken to Payne Road when I was a young adult. The company with me was not aware of the fact that I am clairsentient, and I had no idea where we were going. I thought we were just driving around. Let me state here - at this time, I did not know of the Payne Road incident. I turned on a desolate road and was 1/4 down, when I felt like there was a shortage of air. I immediately felt like I was punched in the stomach and was instantly nauseated. I burst into tears. I felt an over abundance of outward sadness, and asked my friends exactly where in the world had they taken me. They then said that we had to get out of there. Once we reached their home, they proceeded to inform me of the history that had taken place there.
My dear friend, who is now 39 years old, told me what had happened there to cause what is now going on. For her privacy, I will call her Dee. When Dee was 14 years old, she and her boyfriend - who is now her husband, and another couple went there one night. At this time, the house was still standing. They parked the car in front of the house, and the girls dared the guys to go in and take a look. While the girls were in the car, they heard children in the woods singing the popular childrens' song, "Ring Arounds the Rosies." When the "children" sang the part "...and they all fall down," a shot rang out, and the guys ran out off the house. To this day, Dee's husband will not discuss what happened in the house and what he saw. As the drove away, Dee and her friend saw oil lamps lit in the upstairs windows. The next morning, Dee informed her step mother what had happened. Her step mother felt the need to prove to Dee that there is no real hauntings and then proceeded to drive to the house with Dee. They got out of the car and went in the house. Dee states that there were empty beer bottles all over the floors and graffitti on all the walls. The strangest part of this daytrip was the Dee saw that the staircase had been haphazardly built to run directly into the ceiling, not allowing access the the upstairs rooms. How was it then that the night before, she had seen oil lamps buring in the upstairs rooms if there wasn't a way to gain access to the rooms? She had taken pictures; therefore, I know that this was the case. As her step mother rummaged through the rooms, Dee opened a closet in the hallway. The noticed that a small square "door" was located near the floor inside the closet. One would assume that it may serve as a crawl space. There was a rusted old master type lock guarding the little door. Dee went to the car outside and removed a crowbar from the trunk. The busted the latch off of the door. The door opened up into a large room under the staircase. She called for her step mother. Dee found a makeshift alter that contained many books about Black Arts, bones from animals, and what seemed to be a cow skull. She had also spotted Edward Paynes diary. She pocketed the diary and her step mother called her to come out of there. She did not tell her step mother what she had taken. Dee still has the diary in her possession to this day. Let me tell you that this diary is very twisted and odd. I tell you that the first several pages were handwritten, detailing the growth of the crops on his farm and the weather, as well as the patients he treated. Dee stated to me the Mr. Payne was some sort of a doctor, whether veterinarian or medical doctor, I do not know. Another page has his thoughts of his father. Edward Payne used several curse words describing his father. The next page was filled with little circles lining the page. The next and final page has little reddish brown splatters on the page. Dee has never returned there again. Now, she even refuses to talk about the subject. She simply states, "that place is of the devil."
I've never heard of slave murders. I know that those shacks you refer to were NOT in fact slave shacks. They are and always have been tobacco barns. I have always heard that Edward Payne murdered his family and then committed suicide. He supposedly studied the Black Arts and used his family as a sacrifice. (This is not to be confused with the Lawson murders that took place on December 25, 1929. If you would like more information regarding the Lawson subject, I recommend that you read, "White Christmas, Bloody Christmas." This is now a rare book to locate; however, I own a copy handed down to me by my grandmother. I have also seen it one time long ago for sale on E-Bay.)
Back to the "legend" of Payne Road. The house burned down in 1992. I am not sure what caused the fire. I DO know that once the ashes cooled, the locals surrounded the property with salt, a method that Christians used in the 1600's to purify an "evil" area. Since then, new houses have been constructed around the area, but no house will be bulit on the actual location that the Payne house once stood.
As for the bridge...you do not have to whistle "Dixie." You simply have to own a car that was made before 1990. Cars made after 1990 have plastic starters in them. Cars prior to that year have metal starters. I believe that there is a natural magnetic energy in the earth under or close to the bridge, thus, causing older cars the inability to start.
This is where I conclude my information. I do have personal incidents that I have had while venturing there in my latter years. If you are interested in hearing of those, I will be more than happy to inform you of those. They include a four wheeler incident, a Jeep incident, a man I met at a restaurant near the area and a friend in college.
I investigate reportedly paranormal areas, so I try to keep abreast of news that surfaces.
Let me know if you have questions.
Respectfully,
Crystal C.

Crystal, I do believe that you are sadly misinformed. Or ignorant, whichever you choose. Your "tobacco barns" have separate rooms with bed mats in the floors. The doors in your "tobacco barns" have glass door knobs on the internal doors, and removed floorboards to be used as bathrooms. As a Carolina native I have seen tobacco barns and these are NOT characteristic. If you were brave enough and intelligent enough to actually collect information and proof before stating your "truth" and "facts" you would have known that you made an ass of yourself. I have been through almost every shack on the property and much of the road, and none are assembled like a tobacco barn. There are slave shacks, chicken coops, and pig barns. Next time I recommend knowing what your talking about before asserting yourself so wholeheartedly.
November 8th, 2008, 1:57 am
MProctor

WOW.. WEHRE TO BEGIN? i LIVE IN SOUTH CAROLINA. I VISITED PAYNE RD BACK IN 96 I BELIEVE IT WAS. THERE WAS NO HOUSE, JUST A FOUNDATION. NOW THE STORIES I HEARD ARE AS FOLLOWS.

THE "OLD MAN" WENT CRAZY AND KILLED HIS FAMILY AND HIMSELF. IT WAS RUMORED THAT HE WAS POSESSED BY THE DEVIL. THERE WERE RUMORS THEN THAT IF YOU PARKED ON THE BRIDGE DOWN FROM THE HOUSE THAT THE CAR WOULD NOT START IF YOU TRIED TO CRANK IT. NOW I WAS NOT TOLD ABOUT THE CAR FOLLOWING YOU WHEN YOU LEFT BUT WE DID HAVE A CAR FOLLOWING US AS WE WERE LEAVING. I WAS ALSO TOLD THAT THE SPIRIT OF THE "OLD MAN" COULD POSESS THOSE THAT PROVOKED HIM, AND GIVE THEM GREAT POWER, BUT YOU HAD TO SELL YOUR SOUL TO THE DEVIL FOR THIS TO HAPPEN. OK, AND THE MOST ELABORATE ONE I HEARD WAS THIS. IF YOU WERE ABLE TO WALK INTO THE YARD, AND GET PAST THE "HELL HOUNDS" THEN YOU COULD SEE PEOPLE WALKING IN THE HOUSE. IF YOU WERE TO WALK INTO THE HOUSE WHERE THE DOOR SHOULD BE, THEN YOU COULD SEE THE HOUSE BUILD ITSSELF AROUND YOU.. FROM THE TOP DOWN.. OR SOMETIHNG LIKE THAT..OK, WITH THAT OUT OF THE WAY, I WILL TELL YOU OF MY EXPERIENCE AT PAYNE RD.

IT WAS A NIGHT IN AUGUST, SOME FRIENDS AND I WERE TALKING ABOUT IT, THEY HAD BEEN THERE BEFORE, I SAID LETS GO. WE PILED IN THE CAR AND DROVE FROM SMTER SC. I WAS THEN TOLD ABOUT ALL OF THE "STORIES" OF THE AREA. HOW COPS DONT GO THERE UNLESS THEY REALLY HAVE TO AND WHAT NOT. HOW THE KKK STILL HOLDS MEETINGS IN THE AREA AND HOW THERE WAS A MAJOR DRUG DEALER THAT LIVED IN THE AREA ONLY BECAUSE THE COPS DID NOT FREQUENT THE AREA.

ONCE WE TURNED ONTO THE ROAD, I BEGAN TO GET AN UNCOMFORTABLE FEELING. IT JUST FELT MORE CREEPY THAN ANY GRAVEL RD I HAD EVER BEEN DOWN. WE STOPPED THE CAR ON THE ROAD, AND GOT OUT. APPARENTLY NOBODY WANTED TO PROVOKE THE OLD MAN THAT NIGHT SO WE STAYED AT THE CAR. NOW I HAVE LIVED IN NORTH CAROLINA BEFORE AND I KNOW HOW THE AUGUST NIGHTS CAN BE. IT WAS FREEZING THAT NIGHT. WHAT WAS EVEN MORE CRAZY ABOUT THE WHOLE THING IS THAT THE TEMPERATURE WAS IN THE MID LOW 70'S. WE HEARD VOICES OF CHILDREN, BUT SAW NOBODY. AFTER HEARING OTHER SOUNDS THAT WERE JUST UNEXPLAINABLE, WE GOT BACK IN THE CAR. WHEN WE CRANKED UP, AND STARTED TO GO, THERE WERE HEAD LIGHTS BEHIND US. NOW THEY WERE NOT DIRECTLY BEHIND US TO WHERE YOU CAN SEE EACH HEAD LIGHT, BUT YOU COULD SEE THE LIGHT AND THE CAR/OR TRUCK WAS APPROACHING. NEXT THING YOU KNOW, NOTHING. WE WERE BACK ON THE ROAD AND HEADING FOR SOUTH CAROLINA.

NOW ONE THING I DID NOT MENTION WAS THAT IF YOU PLACE A ROCK ON YOUR VEHICLE FROM THE GRAVEL RD THEN YOUR CAR WILL NOT START. WE DID NOT TRY THIS EITHER. YES, I FEEL THAT THERE IS SOMETHIGN UNEXPLAINABLE THERE. THAT PLACE HAS CALLED TO ME FOR THE PAST 12 YEARS. NOT SO MUCH AS NOW THOUGH. I HAVE BEEN LOOKING UP ANYTHING I CAN FIND ON PAYNE RD AND I KEEP GETTING THE SAME WEB PAGES.

AS I SAID, PAYNE RD HAS BEEN ON MY MIND FOR 12 YEARS. I HAVE BEEN DRAWN TO THAT PLACE FOR SOME REASON. I AM GOING BACK.
November 12th, 2008, 9:05 pm
CHUCK

The dead cat will magically appear on your shoulders if your intentions are pure.
November 13th, 2008, 9:36 pm
Dead Cat

Dead Cat wrote:The dead cat will magically appear on your shoulders if your intentions are pure.

OMG :laughing-rolling: CLASSIC!
John Cleese: The audience is too uninformed. I blame the Americans. Nation of obese, violent, pig-ignorant, bible-thumping morons contaminating world culture. That’s why I spend most of my time here in France.. Beautiful isn’t it? Just look at those olive trees.

Interviewer: This is Santa Barbara.
November 13th, 2008, 9:44 pm
Sanjuro
Expert...on everything...

Dead Cat wrote:The dead cat will magically appear on your shoulders if your intentions are pure.

DONT BELIEVE IN DEAD CATS.. OR THEIR 9 LIVES.. EXCEPT THE 9 LIVES CAT FOOD.. BUT THAT IS A DIFFERENT STORY FOR A DIFFERENT TIME
November 14th, 2008, 1:02 pm

Enough already.Time for a Greensboring road trip.

"What? Over? Did you say OVER? NOTHING is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! And it ain't over now. Who's with me? LET'S GO! "

http://wavs.unclebubby.com/wav/MOVIES/A ... ADTRIP.WAV
The Rapture already happened. All the good Christians are gone. We're stuck with the rejects.

"Why would anyone pray in private where no one can see you?"- BHL
November 14th, 2008, 1:26 pm
C. Alice

Oh wow, I just heard of Payne Road last night when me and my friends were driving around. We tried looking for it but got lost. We plan on visiting it soon, maybe next weekend. I've heard a lot of stories and I really want to go but what I really want to know is does he really haunt your dreams? That's pretty much the only thing that scares me about going to that road. lol
December 13th, 2008, 12:07 pm

The truth is one half of the road was changed to another name to keep teens from going there.
I cant remember the other one I will check though as it is not far from where I live.
The house was torn down but the foundation is still there.
It is not so much what you see there as what will come home with you. If you come home and something has followed you. You must get a preist to bless your house.
December 14th, 2008, 12:09 pm
fredsanford1965

guest wrote:Oh wow, I just heard of Payne Road last night when me and my friends were driving around. We tried looking for it but got lost. We plan on visiting it soon, maybe next weekend. I've heard a lot of stories and I really want to go but what I really want to know is does he really haunt your dreams? That's pretty much the only thing that scares me about going to that road. lol

[list=][/list]

I have heard that he haunts your dreams as well.. always remember.. when you dream, you are in control of your dreams. There are actually people that train themselves to control their dreams. keep dreaming, and keep staying in control. REMEMBER.. IT IS ONLY A DREAM..

This sounds soooo FREDDY KRUEGER.. LOL

GOTTA LOVE A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET
December 30th, 2008, 3:34 am
Chuck

Liv wrote:This morning on the radio they were talking about a ghost story on payne rd but it's not coming up on Yahoo Maps? Anyone know where it is? I want to go and investigate.

i live here.
if you get off exit 122 on highway 52 and you take a left when you get off the exit. go straight until you hit your second four way intersection and when you get there, take a right. keep going and eventually you'll run directly into rural hall. shortly after you go past the post office you'll see Edwards Rd on your left. turn down edwards road and keep going straigh and you'll reach Payne Rd. :?:
January 18th, 2009, 6:11 pm
maykillsthecalendar

by the way i'm only fifteen i'm a teenager so please don't make fun of my messy directions :P i tried. it would make a lot more sense if you're a from NC. or from King, like me. ha.
January 18th, 2009, 6:17 pm
maykillsthecalendar

maykillsthecalendar wrote:
Liv wrote:This morning on the radio they were talking about a ghost story on payne rd but it's not coming up on Yahoo Maps? Anyone know where it is? I want to go and investigate.

i live here.
if you get off exit 122 on highway 52 and you take a left when you get off the exit. go straight until you hit your second four way intersection and when you get there, take a right. keep going and eventually you'll run directly into rural hall. shortly after you go past the post office you'll see Edwards Rd on your left. turn down edwards road and keep going straigh and you'll reach Payne Rd. :?:

exit 122 off of which interstate..
February 2nd, 2009, 6:39 pm
chuckles

maykillsthecalendar wrote:i live here.

If you live there, talk to some old timers who are natives. I think you'll find the "spooky" section of Payne Road was renamed Edwards Road years ago. Probably to keep the gawkers away.

Anyway, here is a link to a Google map for the area. Remember, you'll be looking for Edwards Road. Map to road formerly know as Payne Road
Try the street view and click "Left". See those scary kudzu covered trees? Wooo...
February 2nd, 2009, 7:51 pm
Nfidel

Ooooh I took a look at the Google street view
Just look at this - at precisely where the skid marks leave the road a skull is clearly visible in the trees, overlooking the crash site.

ghost.jpg

Coincidence? You decide!
Obviously you do not know what a hyperbolic chamber actually is. That's ok. I'm used to you pretending to know what you are talking about BecauseHeLives, 2009 August 16
February 2nd, 2009, 11:37 pm
A Person

Liv wrote:I forgot about streetview... they're expanding quite a bit out here... It was freaking weird to see my house on it.

(everyone and goes and goggles me now)

(atleast I'm not mowing the yard naked or something)

I did that for the first time last night, as a direct result of this thread. It is amazing. I live on a dead end dirt road that bears off of a paved dead end street, yet my house is there on Google Maps street view. It even caught my neighbor's dog chasing their van.
February 3rd, 2009, 11:17 am
Nfidel

A Person wrote:Just look at this - at precisely where the skid marks leave the road a skull is clearly visible in the trees, overlooking the crash site.

Coincidence? You decide!

I drove through there a couple of months ago and didn't see this. It must be a transient phenomena. Or maybe, A Person, you have the "shining" and are the only one who can see it.
February 3rd, 2009, 11:21 am
Nfidel

Nfidel wrote:
Liv wrote:I forgot about streetview... they're expanding quite a bit out here... It was freaking weird to see my house on it.

(everyone and goes and goggles me now)

(atleast I'm not mowing the yard naked or something)

I did that for the first time last night, as a direct result of this thread. .

:shock:
What - mowed the yard naked?
Obviously you do not know what a hyperbolic chamber actually is. That's ok. I'm used to you pretending to know what you are talking about BecauseHeLives, 2009 August 16
February 3rd, 2009, 11:41 am
A Person

Nfidel wrote:
A Person wrote:Just look at this - at precisely where the skid marks leave the road a skull is clearly visible in the trees, overlooking the crash site.

Coincidence? You decide!

I drove through there a couple of months ago and didn't see this. It must be a transient phenomena. Or maybe, A Person, you have the "shining" and are the only one who can see it.

Go to the link you gave and switch into street view. Face north and click the arrow 4 times you will see the ghost in the trees.

I knew I'd find something like that. Pareidolia is a potent psychological phenomenon. Faces are everywhere - if you look.
February 3rd, 2009, 11:54 am
A Person

Awww, they don't go past Matt's house yet.
mattshouse.jpg

It's just past those trees, on the right. That would have seriously messed with his mind.
February 3rd, 2009, 1:08 pm
A Person

Back in the '80's I use to go to Payne Road quite a bit. On one occasion, there was a Sheriff's car and another sitting outside. It was about 12:30am on a Friday night. The Sheriff was outside talking with a woman, she was the owner of the house...and identified herself as Mrs. Edwards. They were there investigating a break-in, (1 of hundreds). They questioned the four of us, if we knew anything. We told them no, that we were just up from Winston-Salem, showing our girlfriends the "supposed" Payne house and mysterious bridge,( and of ALL the times I travelled there, my car or truck never cut off OR would not start back up!). Anyway, Mrs. Edwards said she was tired of coming out there every other week-end for people site-seeing and messing up the property. She wanted to take us on a tour of the house and dispell some of the rumours about the place. She told us that over the years several homeless people, gangs, teenagers had come up there, sometimes staying for weeks on end. Hence, all the graffitti, spray paint, AND yes, bullet holes! But they were done by the aforementioned. NOT/NEVER by ANY of the inhabitants or owners of the property! She also dispelled the rumour about ANY killings that took place there...they NEVER happened!!!! The only odd death was that of her Grandfather, who commited suicide in one of the tabacco barns across from the home, by takiking dynamite and blowing his head off. She said she tells everyone the same thing, and would appreciate it if we told everyone we knew the truth so traffic would calm down up there and give her some peace. This was approx. 3-4 years before the home burnt down.[quote="Sunnyrie"]First of all, let me introduce myself. My name is Crystal, I'm 27 years old, and I have resided in the surrounding area for the length of my life. I am a natural clairsentient and working on becoming a certified medium. I have a Christian background and am college educated. The reason for my giving details of myself as well as my background is so you may see that I am a "mentally normal" individual who has dedicated a great deal of time to the paranormal. What I am about to tell you my have you question the truth of what I say, but I will tell you the absolute truth; in whole.
I have always been fascinated with the paranormal since as far back as I can remember. Thus, the reason for my certifications. Being extremely interested in the paranormal, I have come across many stories and investigated many possible hauntings, but the one that stands out is about Edward Payne. I was taken to Payne Road when I was a young adult. The company with me was not aware of the fact that I am clairsentient, and I had no idea where we were going. I thought we were just driving around. Let me state here - at this time, I did not know of the Payne Road incident. I turned on a desolate road and was 1/4 down, when I felt like there was a shortage of air. I immediately felt like I was punched in the stomach and was instantly nauseated. I burst into tears. I felt an over abundance of outward sadness, and asked my friends exactly where in the world had they taken me. They then said that we had to get out of there. Once we reached their home, they proceeded to inform me of the history that had taken place there.
My dear friend, who is now 39 years old, told me what had happened there to cause what is now going on. For her privacy, I will call her Dee. When Dee was 14 years old, she and her boyfriend - who is now her husband, and another couple went there one night. At this time, the house was still standing. They parked the car in front of the house, and the girls dared the guys to go in and take a look. While the girls were in the car, they heard children in the woods singing the popular childrens' song, "Ring Arounds the Rosies." When the "children" sang the part "...and they all fall down," a shot rang out, and the guys ran out off the house. To this day, Dee's husband will not discuss what happened in the house and what he saw. As the drove away, Dee and her friend saw oil lamps lit in the upstairs windows. The next morning, Dee informed her step mother what had happened. Her step mother felt the need to prove to Dee that there is no real hauntings and then proceeded to drive to the house with Dee. They got out of the car and went in the house. Dee states that there were empty beer bottles all over the floors and graffitti on all the walls. The strangest part of this daytrip was the Dee saw that the staircase had been haphazardly built to run directly into the ceiling, not allowing access the the upstairs rooms. How was it then that the night before, she had seen oil lamps buring in the upstairs rooms if there wasn't a way to gain access to the rooms? She had taken pictures; therefore, I know that this was the case. As her step mother rummaged through the rooms, Dee opened a closet in the hallway. The noticed that a small square "door" was located near the floor inside the closet. One would assume that it may serve as a crawl space. There was a rusted old master type lock guarding the little door. Dee went to the car outside and removed a crowbar from the trunk. The busted the latch off of the door. The door opened up into a large room under the staircase. She called for her step mother. Dee found a makeshift alter that contained many books about Black Arts, bones from animals, and what seemed to be a cow skull. She had also spotted Edward Paynes diary. She pocketed the diary and her step mother called her to come out of there. She did not tell her step mother what she had taken. Dee still has the diary in her possession to this day. Let me tell you that this diary is very twisted and odd. I tell you that the first several pages were handwritten, detailing the growth of the crops on his farm and the weather, as well as the patients he treated. Dee stated to me the Mr. Payne was some sort of a doctor, whether veterinarian or medical doctor, I do not know. Another page has his thoughts of his father. Edward Payne used several curse words describing his father. The next page was filled with little circles lining the page. The next and final page has little reddish brown splatters on the page. Dee has never returned there again. Now, she even refuses to talk about the subject. She simply states, "that place is of the devil."
I've never heard of slave murders. I know that those shacks you refer to were NOT in fact slave shacks. They are and always have been tobacco barns. I have always heard that Edward Payne murdered his family and then committed suicide. He supposedly studied the Black Arts and used his family as a sacrifice. (This is not to be confused with the Lawson murders that took place on December 25, 1929. If you would like more information regarding the Lawson subject, I recommend that you read, "White Christmas, Bloody Christmas." This is now a rare book to locate; however, I own a copy handed down to me by my grandmother. I have also seen it one time long ago for sale on E-Bay.)
Back to the "legend" of Payne Road. The house burned down in 1992. I am not sure what caused the fire. I DO know that once the ashes cooled, the locals surrounded the property with salt, a method that Christians used in the 1600's to purify an "evil" area. Since then, new houses have been constructed around the area, but no house will be bulit on the actual location that the Payne house once stood.
As for the bridge...you do not have to whistle "Dixie." You simply have to own a car that was made before 1990. Cars made after 1990 have plastic starters in them. Cars prior to that year have metal starters. I believe that there is a natural magnetic energy in the earth under or close to the bridge, thus, causing older cars the inability to start.
This is where I conclude my information. I do have personal incidents that I have had while venturing there in my latter years. If you are interested in hearing of those, I will be more than happy to inform you of those. They include a four wheeler incident, a Jeep incident, a man I met at a restaurant near the area and a friend in college.
I investigate reportedly paranormal areas, so I try to keep abreast of news that surfaces.
Respectfully,
Crystal C.[/quote]
February 11th, 2009, 10:34 am

Guest wrote:Cars made after 1990 have plastic starters in them. Cars prior to that year have metal starters. I believe that there is a natural magnetic energy in the earth under or close to the bridge, thus, causing older cars the inability to start.

With this kind of expert 'information' who could doubt anything she says. :roll:

This on the other hand looks to be so much fun I'm going to have to try it :P
[youtubevideo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSdY5qQesA8[/youtubevideo]
February 11th, 2009, 10:54 am
A Person

Nfidel here- I think the poster, Guest, meant to format the post as I've done below. Above he seems to be responding to what is below. At least I think that's right, as I remember reading the quoted portion of BS before. The part about the elusive diary stuck in my mind. If I'm wrong about this Guest, please reformat your post so we can better understand what you're saying.

Back in the '80's I use to go to Payne Road quite a bit. On one occasion, there was a Sheriff's car and another sitting outside. It was about 12:30am on a Friday night. The Sheriff was outside talking with a woman, she was the owner of the house...and identified herself as Mrs. Edwards. They were there investigating a break-in, (1 of hundreds). They questioned the four of us, if we knew anything. We told them no, that we were just up from Winston-Salem, showing our girlfriends the "supposed" Payne house and mysterious bridge,( and of ALL the times I travelled there, my car or truck never cut off OR would not start back up!). Anyway, Mrs. Edwards said she was tired of coming out there every other week-end for people site-seeing and messing up the property. She wanted to take us on a tour of the house and dispell some of the rumours about the place. She told us that over the years several homeless people, gangs, teenagers had come up there, sometimes staying for weeks on end. Hence, all the graffitti, spray paint, AND yes, bullet holes! But they were done by the aforementioned. NOT/NEVER by ANY of the inhabitants or owners of the property! She also dispelled the rumour about ANY killings that took place there...they NEVER happened!!!! The only odd death was that of her Grandfather, who commited suicide in one of the tabacco barns across from the home, by takiking dynamite and blowing his head off. She said she tells everyone the same thing, and would appreciate it if we told everyone we knew the truth so traffic would calm down up there and give her some peace. This was approx. 3-4 years before the home burnt down.

Sunnyrie wrote:First of all, let me introduce myself. My name is Crystal, I'm 27 years old, and I have resided in the surrounding area for the length of my life. I am a natural clairsentient and working on becoming a certified medium. I have a Christian background and am college educated. The reason for my giving details of myself as well as my background is so you may see that I am a "mentally normal" individual who has dedicated a great deal of time to the paranormal. What I am about to tell you my have you question the truth of what I say, but I will tell you the absolute truth; in whole.
Respectfully,
Crystal C.
February 11th, 2009, 11:29 am
Nfidel

Hi Crystal,
my cousin and his wife went to payne road a few weeks ago, when coming up to the old grave yard they saw a man with a black hooded robe on just standing in the middle of the grave yard they turned around then came back and he was still there but this time he was holding one lit candle? what do you think this means? e-mail me at [email protected]
March 10th, 2009, 11:39 pm
ashleyc04052

today as of 8:08 p.m i just came home from goin on payne rd.not believing all of these stories everyone told me i decided to test it out.so me and my mom and brother went on the road and i looked at the house and seen a light and said mom did u see that and she yes lee i seen the light i said there is not suppose to be a light in that house she said i know.omg i said there is a ghost in there she said yes lee i know its mr.payne. :?
April 18th, 2009, 7:13 pm
leeleemontana

Return to X