Who Built the Pyramids?

by
Published on September 21st, 2007, 4:30 pm
Rift: X

BecauseHeLives wrote:I don't know of any documents or inscriptions that say "Hey, we built this 5000 years before Jesus comes to earth" and don't get me started on those dating techniques again.
5000 years before Because He Lives keeps getting his CE mixed up with his BCE.
September 21st, 2007, 4:30 pm

The Great Pyramids were built between 2575-2150 BCE, the oldest step pyramids around 2375 BCE.

The Egyptians maintained continuous good records of many kinds (political, harvests, weather) that have survived and have been correlated against each other and other dating methods. I completely understand why you don't like these methods but that isn't sufficient reason to ignore them.
September 21st, 2007, 4:42 pm
A Person

A Person wrote:The Great Pyramids were built between 2575-2150 BCE, the oldest step pyramids around 2375 BCE.

The Egyptians maintained continuous good records of many kinds (political, harvests, weather) that have survived and have been correlated against each other and other dating methods. I completely understand why you don't like these methods but that isn't sufficient reason to ignore them.

BCE is simply a modern-day secular invention used to deny that Christ existed. BC & AD
September 21st, 2007, 4:47 pm
BecauseHeLives

BecauseHeLives wrote:BCE is simply a modern-day secular invention used to deny that Christ existed. BC & AD
Since the actual birthdate of Christ isn't known, the date is merely a convention CE and BCE reflects that. It was in use in the Latin "Era Vulgaris" as far back as 1716. Jews have used it for over a century. Since Anno Domini means Year of our Lord and no religious group other than Christians accept that Jesus IS Lord, it is a more universal notation.
So
you are wrong calling it a modern invention
you are wrong claiming it is used to deny Christ ever existed.
But you are right calling it secular. Dates are secular.
Why should dates have to reinforce Christian dominance?

Personally I find both systems clumsy and would prefer the astronomical notation of 0 for 1 BC/BCE, -1 for 2 BC/BCE etc. But no one asked my opinion.

This is also off-topic
September 21st, 2007, 5:12 pm
A Person

BecauseHeLives wrote:
It's also speculative and tentative: "perhaps", "could well have been", "might well have been", "may well have" and short on verifiable data.

Sounds like you just gave a very good definition of evolution!

However the age of the pyramids is well from multiple independent sources of evidence. Documents and inscriptions, wood (tree rings and C14), pottery (luminescence) and C14 dating of human remains.

I don't know of any documents or inscriptions that say "Hey, we built this 5000 years before Jesus comes to earth" and don't get me started on those dating techniques again.

Okay, evolution is not THAT speculative. We have found many skeletons that, if put in order, could clearly show how one thing evolved from another. Also, of course you wouldn't know of any documents that say when the pyramids were built, all you read is bible (expletive). And lets get you started on those dating techniques, unless you can come up with a better one (seeing as the bible claims the Earth is only 4000 years old)? And on an unrelated topic, since Noah and his wife were white (or are in every depiction I've ever seen) how is it we got black people or Asians? And where did all the water for this flood come from, and where did it go (it would take a lot of water to cover all the land as Mount Everest is pretty frikkin' high)?

I'm just saying that it seems a lot more plausible that a huge group of people got together and dragged the stones to where they are (which we have evidence of) then that they were built by aliens (which we DON'T have evidence for) or that Noah somehow found time to build them all (all over the Earth, mind you) between crackin his kids to populate the planet to its current girth of 6.4 billion in less than 4000 years.
November 24th, 2008, 4:38 pm
TheBibleLies

TheBibleLies wrote:
BecauseHeLives wrote:
It's also speculative and tentative: "perhaps", "could well have been", "might well have been", "may well have" and short on verifiable data.

Sounds like you just gave a very good definition of evolution!

However the age of the pyramids is well from multiple independent sources of evidence. Documents and inscriptions, wood (tree rings and C14), pottery (luminescence) and C14 dating of human remains.

I don't know of any documents or inscriptions that say "Hey, we built this 5000 years before Jesus comes to earth" and don't get me started on those dating techniques again.

Okay, evolution is not THAT speculative. We have found many skeletons that, if put in order, could clearly show how one thing evolved from another. Also, of course you wouldn't know of any documents that say when the pyramids were built, all you read is bible (expletive). And lets get you started on those dating techniques, unless you can come up with a better one (seeing as the bible claims the Earth is only 4000 years old)? And on an unrelated topic, since Noah and his wife were white (or are in every depiction I've ever seen) how is it we got black people or Asians? And where did all the water for this flood come from, and where did it go (it would take a lot of water to cover all the land as Mount Everest is pretty frikkin' high)?

I'm just saying that it seems a lot more plausible that a huge group of people got together and dragged the stones to where they are (which we have evidence of) then that they were built by aliens (which we DON'T have evidence for) or that Noah somehow found time to build them all (all over the Earth, mind you) between (expletive) his kids to populate the planet to its current girth of 6.4 billion in less than 4000 years.

Uh... welcome to 2008!

4000 years old? You must have heard that from your "friends".

Thebiblelies lies.
Ignore List: Nfidel; Pitbullferlucifer; C. Alice

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

"Why am I such a stupid atheist?" - C. Alice
November 24th, 2008, 5:42 pm
BecauseHeLives

Return to X