The Blue Skinned Man AKA Papa Smurf

by
Published on December 23rd, 2007, 9:07 am
Rift: X

Open Video In New Window

Papa Smurf or nut job taking to much colloidal silver turns himself blue just in time for Christmas. My father-in-law swears by the stuff as well. He's a nut-job homeopathic but we love him just the same, and on alot of things he does is right. But even the FDA warns about Colloidal Silver and it's side-effects, one which is ARGYRIA, the very condition that is turning Gringo into a blue man.

The question is whether anorexic America is willing to trade being blue in order to be skinny? According to the Wiki page, it's possible you could do just that:

In one animal study, a strong solution of silver nitrate (81 milligrams silver nitrate per liter of water) applied to the skin of guinea pigs for 28 days did not cause the animals to die; however, it did cause the guinea pigs to stop gaining weight normally. It is not known if this would happen to people if they were exposed the same way.

If memory serves me right, a town in West Virginia had a similar problem, where the entire population was blue.
Here's an interesting post about a Kentucky clan. Theirs was blamed on genetics, and in-breeding... but who knows.

blueky.jpg

Dark blue lips and fingernails are the only traces of Martin Fugate's legacy left in the boy; that, and the recessive gene that has shaded many of the Fugates and their kin blue for the past 162 years.

They're known simply as the "blue people" in the hills and hollows around Troublesome and Ball Creeks. Most lived to their 80s and 90s without serious illness associated with the skin discoloration. For some, though, there was a pain not seen in lab tests. That was the pain of being blue in a world that is mostly shades of white to black.
William Killick: You have a raindrop running down your cheek, just like a tear.
December 23rd, 2007, 9:07 am

My father-in-law swears by the stuff as well. He's a nut-job homeopathic but we love him just the same, and on alot of things he does is right.

I hope he doesn't try to slip the kids some of his "remedy". I've fought for years with an ex- inlaw who repeatedly attempted to get my kids to take one supplement or another. One actually was said to contain mercury. What are the right things he does? Is this in reference to homeopathy?

The question is whether anorexic America is willing to trade being blue in order to be skinny? According to the Wiki page, it's possible you could do just that

Well it might reduce hunger in guinea pigs, but the blue guy of the video either has a healthy diet or one really large tumor between those suspenders.
December 23rd, 2007, 10:13 am
Nfidel

Well it might reduce hunger in guinea pigs, but the blue guy of the video either has a healthy diet or one really large tumor between those suspenders.

ROFL!!!

I swear we had some silver crap, a while back... I refused to give it to the kids. I don't know if Shan did... I'll ask her tonight... I found right now:

Sambucol (black elderberry)
Some ear crap... (label damaged) flower oil, root oil, bulb oil
Some other herbal crap (for kids)... Chamomile, lemon balm, catnip, fennel

Sounds like we're cooking the children...

I'm not sure if any of these have been used... but we get a dozen or so in the mail from dad-in-law every so often.
December 23rd, 2007, 10:26 am
Liv

Follow Me
Liv wrote:I swear we had some silver crap, a while back... I refused to give it to the kids. I don't know if Shan did... I'll ask her tonight... I found right now:

Sambucol (black elderberry)
Some ear crap... (label damaged) flower oil, root oil, bulb oil
Some other herbal crap (for kids)... Chamomile, lemon balm, catnip, fennel

Sounds like we're cooking the children...

I'm not sure if any of these have been used... but we get a dozen or so in the mail from dad-in-law every so often.

Just be careful with these things. They are not regulated by the FDA or and other government agencys, because of a law inappropriately named the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act of 1994. You can read about it here at Quackwatch. And here's their homepageQuackwatch Homepage, it's a good reference point for these types of things.

On the other hand, many homeopathic remedies have not one molecule of the substance they advertise, because they go by the water memory theory. Wikipedia- Water memory
And while I'm at it, I might as well post a link to James Randi's Newsletter. A great place to learn about all things paranormal, psychic , homeopathic or miraculous.
December 23rd, 2007, 11:05 am
Nfidel

It worked for her.
smurfette.jpg
Obviously you do not know what a hyperbolic chamber actually is. That's ok. I'm used to you pretending to know what you are talking about BecauseHeLives, 2009 August 16
April 2nd, 2009, 3:41 pm
A Person

That reminds me, I still haven't seen Watchmen...
When it is not in our power to follow what is true, we ought to follow what is most probable. –Rene Descartes

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
April 3rd, 2009, 7:39 am
Serendipitous
This is my world and I am the world leader...pretend.

blue_m&m_mice.jpg
blue_m&m_mice.jpg (14.45 KiB) Viewed 393 times

M&Ms and Blue Mice cure spines.... Choclate Mice still causes Diabetes :(
July 29th, 2009, 9:18 am
Liv

Follow Me

Return to X