Man Falls 47 Floors From SkyScraper & LIVES!

by
Published on January 3rd, 2008, 7:34 pm
Rift: X

window_washer.jpg
Miracle of God. or sound physics with one individual who beat the probability of death?

Man (Jose Alcides Moreno) was cleaning the windows near the 50th floor of a New York skyscraper from a scaffolding platform suspended from metal cables when he and his co-worker who was also his brother fell and plummeted to the pavement below after the cables broke. One brother died, but the other guy not only lives to talk about it, but is expected to make a full recovery. I'm already expecting a inundation of email spam from my conservative christian family because it's obvious that this is a miracle? Need proof? Ok Jose (Moreno), who was in a coma following the incident awoke on Christmas day to speak to his wife.

"It's a bloody freaking Christmas Miracle" the media exclaims. Personally I think his brother paid for it. His brother Edgar ("Ummm Edgar, your skin! It's -- it's -- just hanging off your bones!") reached maximum velocity approximately the time his body came in contact with a sharp metal fence. I kid you not.

I mean, I don't care who you are, the probability of surviving a fall like that must be astronomical. Not to mention the creepiness of waking up on "Christmas day", and the number of 7's in this story. Jose was 37 years old, on the 47th floor and the accident happened on December (wait for it) 7th.

His wife, Rosario Moreno, cried as she thanked the doctors and nurses who kept him alive.

"Thank God for the miracle that we had," she said. "He keeps telling me that it just wasn't his time."
William Killick: You have a raindrop running down your cheek, just like a tear.
January 3rd, 2008, 7:34 pm

How about jumping wearing only a Flying Squirrel suit?
Obviously you do not know what a hyperbolic chamber actually is. That's ok. I'm used to you pretending to know what you are talking about BecauseHeLives, 2009 August 16
January 4th, 2008, 12:51 am
A Person

One can only assume God didn't like the survivor's brother very much. :?:
The Rapture already happened. All the good Christians are gone. We're stuck with the rejects.

"Why would anyone pray in private where no one can see you?"- BHL
January 4th, 2008, 8:16 am
C. Alice

So you're saying he was a flying Mexican squirrel?
January 4th, 2008, 8:33 am
Liv

Follow Me
No he was riding a mexican squirrel , his brother was riding a plain ol woods squirrel without the suit . 10 billion mexicans . 99 percent with no insurance the question is which percent wuz he . He will probably be the next president in 2008
January 8th, 2008, 8:29 pm
Rcode427

Rcode427 wrote:No he was riding a mexican squirrel , his brother was riding a plain ol woods squirrel without the suit . 10 billion mexicans . 99 percent with no insurance the question is which percent wuz he . He will probably be the next president in 2008

Too bad he's "Jose" and not "Jesus" which would've gone great with "Rosario" his wife. Would you vote for Jesus?
When it is not in our power to follow what is true, we ought to follow what is most probable. –Rene Descartes

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
January 10th, 2008, 10:21 am
Serendipitous
This is my world and I am the world leader...pretend.

Rcode427 wrote:No he was riding a mexican squirrel , his brother was riding a plain ol woods squirrel without the suit . 10 billion mexicans . 99 percent with no insurance the question is which percent wuz he . He will probably be the next president in 2008

Alcides immigrated to the United States 12 years ago and was a US Citizen. Edgar immigrated about a decade ago, was a legal resident and had applied for citizenship. Racial profiling is dangerous.
Obviously you do not know what a hyperbolic chamber actually is. That's ok. I'm used to you pretending to know what you are talking about BecauseHeLives, 2009 August 16
January 10th, 2008, 12:08 pm
A Person

Which brings us to a funny story about my child who is Hispanic. He went into school one day when they were teaching the kids about mexican heritage, and the teacher asked if anyone was Hispanic, and he raised his hand... The teacher laughed and told him to sit down. He came hold and told Shannon (who is Hispanic) and said that his teacher didn't believe him.

Goes to prove, those pesky Mexicans are everywhere.... They'll show up in your ceral if your not careful... ride the little irish lucky charms right out of the bowl.
January 10th, 2008, 12:25 pm
Liv

Follow Me

Return to X