Proof of Aliens: Murchison Meteroite

by
Published on February 7th, 2008, 12:39 pm
Rift: X

murchison_meteroite.gif

Despite what some may think, not all Food Lion employees are uneducated dimwits. It just so happens that some of us discuss more than the latest episode of Jerry Springer. This last weekend a co- worker and I were chatting about science and somehow we ended up talking about the Murchison Meteorite of 1969.
I did a little research and found out more on this discovery which to no surprise is not widely publicized. This meteorite fell about 60 miles from Melbourne, Australia. This particular one is a carbonaceous chondite, which means that it contains materials from clouds during or prior to the formation of our solar system. The craziest part is that this one contains minerals, water and organic molecules. These organic molecules are amino acids, which are the building blocks of life. More than 50 of these amino acids are not even found on Earth.
Some scientists debate that the specimen was compromised upon impact. Some hold strong that handling the meteorite contaminated it. On the other hand there is a great deal of scientific evidence that says otherwise.
Most Earthly amino acids are made in mirror image. However these show a dominance of left handed amino acids. The tests were taken on samples from the interior of the carbonaceous chondite.
If these results are correct it basically proves life beyond ours. Oh we will always keep guessing. There will always be skeptical challenges of scientific discoveries. The harder we try to uncover the truth and find answers the more questions are raised. I guess it's what keeps us growing and progressing. All these unanswered questions keep me deep in thought as I fry your greasy bucket of hot chicken.
"Are you disrespecting me and my family?"
February 7th, 2008, 12:39 pm

I'm "going out on a limb" here and guessing the rock is about 6000 years old.

;)
Ignore List: Nfidel; Pitbullferlucifer; C. Alice

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

"Why am I such a stupid atheist?" - C. Alice
February 7th, 2008, 1:22 pm
BecauseHeLives

Ignoring the peanut gallery for the moment, the question if whether the amino acids represent the prebiotic (before life) makeup or modern contamination (or some combination of both) is still being actively debated.

I think you are misunderstanding the 'handedness' of amino acids. The majority of amino acids can be left or right handed and have no inbuilt reason to favour either. Life on Earth manufactures left handed amino acids and so the left handed forms are almost exclusive on Earth. We would expect prebiotic amino acids to be a 'racemic' even mix of left and right handed. The Murcheson meteorite is neither, it has more left handed amino acids but not exclusively so. When the amino acids that are not found on Earth were examined there was a slight dominance of the LH form. I do think the evidence from the meteorite shows the occurrence of amino acids before life on Earth.
If these results are correct it basically proves life beyond ours
No - not really. 'Just' that the building blocks for life were present in the early stages of the formation of the solar system. That's a very significant 'just'.

shannon wrote:There will always be skeptical challenges of scientific discoveries.
And there will always be the IDiotic challenges. Radiometric dating shows that meteorite to have been formed 4.95 billion years ago. Guessing isn't a reliable dating method, neither is mythology. If you would like to read a Christian scientist's perspective on radiometric dating of meteorites, I can recommend this article: Radiometric Dating, A Christian Perspective, Dr. Roger C. Wiens. Dr. Wiens has a PhD in Physics, with a minor in Geology. His PhD thesis was on isotope ratios in meteorites, including surface exposure dating. He does know what he's talking about.
Obviously you do not know what a hyperbolic chamber actually is. That's ok. I'm used to you pretending to know what you are talking about BecauseHeLives, 2009 August 16
February 7th, 2008, 3:35 pm
A Person

Building Blocks of Life Detected in Distant Galaxy
The discovery of an amino acid precursor in a far-flung galaxy is fresh evidence that life has potential to form throughout the universe, scientists say.

Researchers using the world's largest radio telescope—the Arecibo Observatory in Puerto Rico—have detected methanimine in the distant galaxy Arp 220.
"The fact that we can observe these substances at such a vast distance means that there are huge amounts of them in Arp 220," said Emmanuel Momjian, a former Arecibo astronomer, now at the National Radio Astronomy Observatory in Socorro, New Mexico.

"It is indeed very intriguing to find that the ingredients of life appear in large quantities where new stars and planets are born."

The scientists warn, however, that Arp 220 has undergone a recent merger and hosts a vibrant star nursery. With new stars living hot and fast, then violently exploding, conditions are probably too turbulent to allow life to evolve.

But the ingredients for life could take root later, when more stable, sun-like stars are born.

It's worth rememebring that Arp 220 is 250 million light-years away, so there won't be a probe any time soon.
Obviously you do not know what a hyperbolic chamber actually is. That's ok. I'm used to you pretending to know what you are talking about BecauseHeLives, 2009 August 16
February 10th, 2008, 4:41 pm
A Person

Return to X