What the hell is growing in my sink?

by
Published on November 29th, 2008, 6:06 pm
Rift: X

DSCF6487.JPG
Seriously... Just went into the bathroom.... You know the newly renovated one? The one with a brand new sink from Lowes Home Improvement? I look down to wash my hands and see something sticking out of the overflow hole. At first I assume the kids stuck something in there. So I go get tweezers and yank.... but there's some resistance... like it's connected to something...
I'm thinking "WTF? Is it an Alien!!!!?".... I pull it out.. and it's something... something that's growing.... Which begs the question... How? I mean... unless the kids dropped something in it... what is it? Is this a new feature of Lowe's Bathroom vanities? Confused & bewildered, strange things are afoot in my bathroom tonight.
DSCF6488.JPG

I believe there are more of these suckers down in there... The bleach is coming out tonight....
William Killick: You have a raindrop running down your cheek, just like a tear.
November 29th, 2008, 6:06 pm

beansprout???
When it is not in our power to follow what is true, we ought to follow what is most probable. –Rene Descartes

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
November 29th, 2008, 8:04 pm
Serendipitous
This is my world and I am the world leader...pretend.

I have no clue... I'm assuming it's fungus of some sort... I'm not sure, why it would be growing in there... I do buy bleach.... Unless something is backed up in it...
November 29th, 2008, 9:38 pm
Liv

Follow Me
The part at the right looks like a beansprout... the long rooty thing on the left looks, well... looks like roots! :) Maybe you should ask The Doctor or Captain Jack to check it out.
When it is not in our power to follow what is true, we ought to follow what is most probable. –Rene Descartes

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
November 29th, 2008, 9:52 pm
Serendipitous
This is my world and I am the world leader...pretend.

I lived in an old house a few years ago and every so often we would find slugs in the bathtub. I have no idea where they would come from, but considering that the main support beam under the house was just about rotted out under the laundry area (thus causing the whole house to shake during the spin cycle), I wouldn't doubt that there were hugh gaps in the structure. Oh and the subfloor was rotted under the bathrooms as well.

In that same house I had some fly larva in the drain pipe in my bathroom. Fortunately a healthy dose of liquid plumber cleared that up!
November 29th, 2008, 10:00 pm
Pineview Style

See I'd expect something like this out of the old wash basin, or back in the other bathroom which still has the original sink... but this is the new one from Home Depot.... Very odd.... I'd love to break it open and look inside, but I don't have the money for another new sink if I did...
November 30th, 2008, 7:37 am
Liv

Follow Me

Return to X