Yakisoba Chicken....

by
Published on March 28th, 2009, 3:56 pm
Rift: Food

I've been missioned this evening with coming up with a completely new recipe here in Waterworld as it continues to rain for like two weeks straight. You know, you go to London... and it's sunny all week, come to North Carolina and the roads are washed away.

Anyways we have a hankering for some Yakisoba Chicken like that of Ned's Noodle bar in London. (Which if you're ever in the neighborhood comes highly recommended) The only problem is... Ned's hasn't franchised into our area, and it's a bit much to hop on a plane and go get some.... though I'd be more then willing if I didn't have to finish the darn cupboards....

Anyhow.... My understanding is Yakisoba is basically a Japanese take on Chicken Lo Mein. I'm attempting to put together a recipe for it tonight, but I'm finding my technical skills as a cook are underdeveloped. The only Asian recipe I ever developed was Katsudon. Even that has some basic flavors that I'm used to. This however, with Ginger & Chinese cabbage, orange peel... well it's going to be interesting.... I'm taking suggestions now through dinner time on how to make it...
William Killick: You have a raindrop running down your cheek, just like a tear.
March 28th, 2009, 3:56 pm

well... I surprised myself, and I seemed to nail it on my first time.... Oh got was it good... All I need is the little Chinese boxes and some chopsticks:

DSCF7021.JPG

With my new found confidence I may attempt sesame chicken this week.
William Killick: You have a raindrop running down your cheek, just like a tear.
March 29th, 2009, 9:38 am
Liv

Follow Me

Return to Food