O.C. Welch FORD: "Oh What a Feeling!" - Racism that is.

by
Published on December 10th, 2008, 10:08 am
Rift: News

"All you people that buy all your Toyotas and send that money to Japan, you know, when you don't have a job to make your Toyota car payment, don't come crying to me," Welch says in the ad. "All those cars are rice ready. They're not road ready." VIA

And that's the reason there's a "North" & "South" Carolina.... we refuse to be associated with those rednecks.
May the fetus you save be gay.
December 10th, 2008, 10:08 am

I don't what he is talking about when he says that Japanese Cars don't even smell new. My Nissan is almost 7 years old and still smells new!!
December 10th, 2008, 10:21 am
Pineview Style

I haven't owned a new car since 1995... so I wouldn't know...
May the fetus you save be gay.
December 10th, 2008, 11:29 am
Liv

Follow Me
My Subaru has a sticker saying 'Union crafted in Kentucky' or at least it does until I can find a razor blade scraper. (it makes it sound like a bottle of whiskey)

Toyota USA has 36,600 employees, paying US tax and with better health benefits and job security they are likely spending more of their pay checks.

If you want your share of those profits 'going to Japan' then buy stock. Anyone can.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true; by the wise as false, and by politicians as useful." Lucius Annaeus Seneca 4 BCE - 65CE
December 10th, 2008, 11:51 am
A Person

A Person wrote:My Subaru has a sticker saying 'Union crafted in Kentucky' or at least it does until I can find a razor blade scraper. (it makes it sound like a bottle of whiskey)

Mmmmm.... Just like a bottle of Maker's Mark....
December 10th, 2008, 11:59 am
Pineview Style

To blame foreign auto makers and to say “act like a true American” just because no one is buying their cars is an insult! Our world is changing and we don’t need this old brain washing negative unethical business practice. Anyone who supports O.C. Welch just because he makes you feel guilty should reconsider before buying their cars. In my mind this people are a crook their interest is to make money and have shown that they will do anything they can to make a profit with no conscience.
December 10th, 2008, 12:48 pm
John

Pineview Style wrote:I don't what he is talking about when he says that Japanese Cars don't even smell new. My Nissan is almost 7 years old and still smells new!!

Welch is saying "Buy a Ford and enjoy that toxic cocktail of toluene, acetone, xylenes, styrene, 1,2,4-trimethylbenzene, various C5 to C12 alkanes, ethylbenzene, and ethylene glycol butyl ether."

In 1998 a study was done by CSIRO who detected 30 to 40 VOCs in the cars, the most prevalent being toluene, acetone, xylenes, styrene, 1,2,4-trimethylbenzene, various C5 to C12 alkanes, ethylbenzene, and ethylene glycol butyl ether. Total VOC concentrations for the cars were initially as high as 64 mg per m3 of air. For one of the cars, which was a few weeks older because it had been imported, the initial total VOC level was 2.1 mg per m3.

Needless to say these aren't particularly good for you, so responsible manufacturers have done things to reduce them I really noticed how my new car didn't smell much of anything. I think that's a good thing and something to be proud of. Welch thinks it's unpatriotic, but he's probably been sniffing too much toluene.

The Japan Automobile Manufacturing Association (JAMA) announced late in 2005 that they will apply Japan’s standards for indoor air quality to vehicle interiors starting with all 2007 models manufactured and sold in the domestic market. JAMA Canada can’t say when models with reduced emissions will be available to Canadian consumers. It is possible that some 2007 models made in Japan and sold in Canada will meet these standards.
Among North American manufacturers, Ford says its actively trying to reduce VOCs, DaimlerChrysler says it isn’t working on the issue, and GM says its monitoring global trends.
http://www.environmentalhealth.ca/bewarenewcarsmell.htm
Religion is regarded by the common people as true; by the wise as false, and by politicians as useful." Lucius Annaeus Seneca 4 BCE - 65CE
December 10th, 2008, 3:16 pm
A Person

I just drove by OC Welch and noticed the inventory just about flowing over on the highway and not many customers in the lot. I also noticed not one American flag!! I did notice the massive American flag flying over the automall across the street that includes Nissan, Infiniti, Jaguar, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Hyuandi, Land Rover and Mazda car dealers. Is he a proud American or just a ticked off car dealer who can't move his inventory???? Was he complaining about Congress when sales were good? hmmmm.... doubt it! What an idiot!
December 10th, 2008, 4:23 pm

Return to News