Happy Halloween.... EXTERMINATE....

by
Published on October 31st, 2009, 8:16 am
Rift: Life

shannons_dalekette_costume.jpg

Go visit Shannon who is dressed as a Dalekette at Food Lion today..... Unfortunately we didn't think the idea of carrying a bathroom plunger around at work was the best idea.... but.... I think the costume came out decent being I didn't have time for exact measurements and constructed it in under 12 hours in the last two days.

dalekette_costume.jpg

Believe it or not, the most difficult part was the Dalek bumps. Had to go over to Hobby Lobby on Bridford Pkwy and buy styro balls, cut them in half, paint them black then drill holes in them. Then embed eyelets in the dress, two for each bump, and then lace ribbon through.... then we hot glued the backings for that flush look.
dalekette_costume_2.jpg

Originally we wanted to make two outfits, but we just ran out of time. I think given a couple weeks the dress could have been amazing... I wanted to wire up some LEDs for a head band, but ran out of steam...

dalekette_costume_3.jpg
William Killick: You have a raindrop running down your cheek, just like a tear.
October 31st, 2009, 8:16 am

:music-rockout: way frakkin cool
Good job, Liv!
When it is not in our power to follow what is true, we ought to follow what is most probable. –Rene Descartes

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
October 31st, 2009, 3:28 pm
Serendipitous
This is my world and I am the world leader...pretend.

Yes Dalek bumps are often noted as difficult things to make. Be warned that human enhancement with Dalek teechnology has dangerous side effects, but what can you expect from devices that can detect ion-charged emissions and operate as etheric-beam locators at a distance of up to 20,000 light years. (They are also extremely firm)

ethericbeamlocators.jpg
Extremely firm, my dear
Obviously you do not know what a hyperbolic chamber actually is. That's ok. I'm used to you pretending to know what you are talking about BecauseHeLives, 2009 August 16
October 31st, 2009, 4:13 pm
A Person

A Person wrote:
ethericbeamlocators.jpg

I just watched that show this week. My son left it on my hard drive over a year ago. I burnt it to a DVD so I could delete it from the hard drive and finally got around to watching. A must see, hilarious show for Doctor Who fans. The title is "The Curse of Fatal Death".

Good work on the costume Liv. Good pictures too.
October 31st, 2009, 5:02 pm
Nfidel

Return to Life