Dr. George Tiller, Murdered in the name of...

by
Published on May 31st, 2009, 1:37 pm
Rift: News

DR Tiller, dead. In the land of home, the brave, the racists, the religious terrorists, the land where we kill each other when we can't agree. How sad.

Media reports: Abortion doctor Tiller killed
ASSOCIATED PRESS

WICHITA, Kan. — Media reports say that abortion provider Dr. George Tiller has been shot and killed at his Wichita church.

Tiller has been among the few U.S. physicians performing late-term abortion. His clinic has repeatedly been the site of protests for about two decades.
May the fetus you save be gay.
May 31st, 2009, 1:37 pm

I can hardly wait to see what happens when some religious leader decides to demonize vasectomies as "tampering with God's plan."
May 31st, 2009, 2:39 pm
SouthernFriedInfidel

Location: 5th circle of hell -- actually not very crowded at the moment.
Tiller was a mass murderer killed by a murderer. Ironic and sad at the same time.
Ignore List: Nfidel; Pitbullferlucifer; C. Alice

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

"Why am I such a stupid atheist?" - C. Alice
May 31st, 2009, 3:55 pm
BecauseHeLives

He was a medical professional whom you've labeled a murderer by your layman's opinion of medical techniques that you're no more qualified to judge than my cat.
May the fetus you save be gay.
May 31st, 2009, 3:58 pm
Liv

Follow Me
I read that the killer ran away from the scene of his crime. Why, I wonder? If he was certain that he was doing the right thing, and that he was doing what God wants... why would he run? Would not a true soldier of God stand up tall and say "I can't tell a lie (cause God says lying is wrong) -- I did what my God wants done."?

Now I wonder if I'll ever hear of ANY genuine disapproval from the "Religious Right." What I expect -- what I've seen so far -- is some empty platitudes that echo of secret, shame-faced cheering. :evil:
May 31st, 2009, 6:54 pm
SouthernFriedInfidel

Liv wrote:He was a medical professional whom you've labeled a murderer by your layman's opinion of medical techniques that you're no more qualified to judge than my cat.

It doesn't take a "medical professional" to see that killing a innocent child in late term abortion is murder. You are sick and need help.
The policy of my country is, to leave their citizens free, neither restraining nor aiding them in their pursuits. --Thomas Jefferson to M. L'Hommande, 1787.
Private enterprise... manages so much better all the concerns to which it is equal. --Thomas Jefferson: 6th Ann. Message, 1806
May 31st, 2009, 7:05 pm
thesumofyourfears

thesumofyourfears wrote:
Liv wrote:He was a medical professional whom you've labeled a murderer by your layman's opinion of medical techniques that you're no more qualified to judge than my cat.

It doesn't take a "medical professional" to see that killing a innocent child in late term abortion is murder. You are sick and need help.

So -- do you approve, or not, of the shooting today?
May 31st, 2009, 7:26 pm
SouthernFriedInfidel

SouthernFriedInfidel wrote:
thesumofyourfears wrote:

So -- do you approve, or not, of the shooting today?

I doubt you'll find but very few people who approve of this murder but I'm sure you'll find an angle to ensure it looks as if the religious right fully approves of it.

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

May 31st, 2009, 7:29 pm
BecauseHeLives

Then your cat is smarter than you are. Abortion is murder. Late term abortion is murder with an attitude.

May 31st, 2009, 7:30 pm
BecauseHeLives

Let everyone note that BHL hasn't expressed his disapproval at the point where it would have been believable.
May 31st, 2009, 7:32 pm
SouthernFriedInfidel

SouthernFriedInfidel wrote:Let everyone note that BHL hasn't expressed his disapproval at the point where it would have been believable.

My daughter might call you a "stupid-head". I'll just call you stupid.

I disapprove of the murder of Tiller. Stupid.

May 31st, 2009, 7:36 pm
BecauseHeLives

Presumably you would like to see the likes of Dr Tiller charged and convicted of murder. What punishment would you propose?
Religion is regarded by the common people as true; by the wise as false, and by politicians as useful." Lucius Annaeus Seneca 4 BCE - 65CE
May 31st, 2009, 7:49 pm
A Person

Nothing good comes from murder. But I have to say that the last line of the article from the AP is disturbing:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090531/ap_on_re_us/us_tiller_shooting_20

Grace is due for family and friends but not for the victim. Minor oversight.
The purpose of life is to fight maturity.

Dick Werthimer
May 31st, 2009, 8:41 pm
eddiebuckle

Again the anti-abortionists prove they are NOT pro-life. But we already knew that because they approve of state-sponsored murder (excuse me, executions). I never agreed with Tiller's doing late term abortions. But I simply cannot imagine somebody going into a church to gun down anybody. Tiller was a staunch supporter of women's rights. And he provided care to women too poor to go to Mexico for the care they sought. He was a hero for women and for men who care about women.
May 31st, 2009, 8:50 pm
Questioner

Questioner wrote:Again the anti-abortionists prove they are NOT pro-life. But we already knew that because they approve of state-sponsored murder (excuse me, executions). I never agreed with Tiller's doing late term abortions. But I simply cannot imagine somebody going into a church to gun down anybody. Tiller was a staunch supporter of women's rights. And he provided care to women too poor to go to Mexico for the care they sought. He was a hero for women and for men who care about women.

He was a hero no more than Hitler was a hero.

May 31st, 2009, 8:52 pm
BecauseHeLives

A Person wrote:Presumably you would like to see the likes of Dr Tiller charged and convicted of murder. What punishment would you propose?

Whatever the judge would decide is just for pre-mediated murder. He is before the final judge now.

May 31st, 2009, 8:54 pm
BecauseHeLives

BecauseHeLives wrote:
A Person wrote:Presumably you would like to see the likes of Dr Tiller charged and convicted of murder. What punishment would you propose?

Whatever the judge would decide is just for pre-mediated murder. He is before the final judge now.

So would it be kosher to assasinate pro-lifers and not prosecute? After all - eventually they'll be before the final judge.

Dick Werthimer
May 31st, 2009, 9:36 pm
eddiebuckle

eddiebuckle wrote:
BecauseHeLives wrote:

So would it be kosher to assasinate pro-lifers and not prosecute? After all - eventually they'll be before the final judge.

Are you just pretending to be ignorant? What are you TRYING to say?

May 31st, 2009, 9:42 pm
BecauseHeLives

Take your pick: This is a life cut short for the atheist, another martyr for the feminists, or satans spawn for the fundamantalists about to fill one and the same hole in the ground.

"Whatever the judge would decide is just for pre-mediated murder. He is before the final judge now. "

It's murder. You ought to protest his murder as passionately as those aborted. Both are an affront to the heart.

Dick Werthimer
May 31st, 2009, 10:22 pm
eddiebuckle

Questioner wrote:I never agreed with Tiller's doing late term abortions.

Unfortunately late term abortions are sometimes necessary and with the intimidation of doctors there aren't many who will do them. Tiller ended up with more than his share.

Questioner wrote:And he provided care to women too poor to go to Mexico for the care they sought. He was a hero for women and for men who care about women.

The antiabortionists like to accuse doctors of being motivated by money. When you look at Tiller's life, it makes an interesting story.

He originally planned to be a dermatologist, a nice lucrative and safe practice. But after seeing the death of a desperate woman after a botched illegal abortion he felt he had to do something. So he pursued a career that rewarded him with public vilification, being shot in both arms and continually receiving death threats. Despite this he knew he was doing something important and has now died for understanding that abortions do not stop if they are made illegal, desperate women will continue to procure them and die in the process. So yes, he is a hero and a martyr.

And since what he was doing was not murder - premeditated or otherwise, any judge would (and have) released him to continue reducing suffering.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true; by the wise as false, and by politicians as useful." Lucius Annaeus Seneca 4 BCE - 65CE
May 31st, 2009, 11:06 pm
A Person

eddiebuckle wrote:Take your pick: This is a life cut short for the atheist, another martyr for the feminists, or satans spawn for the fundamantalists about to fill one and the same hole in the ground.

"Whatever the judge would decide is just for pre-mediated murder. He is before the final judge now. "

It's murder. You ought to protest his murder as passionately as those aborted. Both are an affront to the heart.

So, are you saying you are against abortion??

June 1st, 2009, 8:00 am
BecauseHeLives

This calls for a repost.

WWJD?

onion_news1209.article.jpg
onion_news1209.article.jpg (23.75 KiB) Viewed 1716 times

Christ Kills Two, Injures Seven In Abortion-Clinic Attack

HUNTSVILLE, AL–Jesus Christ, son of God and noted pro-life activist, killed two and critically wounded seven others when He opened fire in the waiting room of a Huntsville abortion clinic Tuesday.
Security guards at the Women's Medical Clinic of Huntsville were able to disarm the Messiah before He could reload His weapon, a secondhand Glock 9mm pistol that authorities said He purchased legally at a Jackson, MS, sporting-goods store. "Abortion is a sin," said Christ as He was led away in handcuffs. "It is an abomination in the eyes of Me." Witnesses said the attack, which took the lives of Dr. Nelson Woodring, 51, and clinic nurse Danielle Costa, 29, came from "out of nowhere."

"He walked up to the admissions desk and asked if He could see Dr. Woodring," receptionist Iris Reid said. "The next thing I knew, He was shouting Biblical verses and opening fire on everything moving."

"It was horrible," said injured clinic nurse Jessica Combs, recovering at a local hospital with bullet wounds to the leg and abdomen. "He put his hands over Dr. Woodring's head and told him He forgave him for his sins, and then He shot him right in the face." Huntsville police officials are not certain how the Messiah was able to bypass clinic guards and proceed undetected past security cameras and into the clinic waiting room, where He produced the gun from its hiding place in the folds of His robe. Federal investigators are similarly baffled, saying that the heavily armed Christ had moved in "mysterious ways."

Speaking to reporters from His holding cell, Christ, 33, said He had "no regrets" about what He had done.

"As I said in John 16:21, every life is precious," Christ said. "This means every life, not just those who have already been born. My father, the Lord, feels the same way I do. In Jeremiah 1:5, He said unto the prophet Jeremiah, 'Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart.' The unborn fetus is a sacred, living creation of my Father in Heaven and should be treated as such."

Added Christ: "What if the Virgin Mary had decided to abort me? Certainly she must have been tempted to do so. After all, it wasn't even her decision to conceive me in the first place. But in the end, she made the right decision, bringing her pregnancy to term and giving the world a Savior. Blessed is she among women." According to legal experts, if convicted, Christ could face the death penalty.

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/28817
John Cleese: The audience is too uninformed. I blame the Americans. Nation of obese, violent, pig-ignorant, bible-thumping morons contaminating world culture. That’s why I spend most of my time here in France.. Beautiful isn’t it? Just look at those olive trees.

Interviewer: This is Santa Barbara.
June 1st, 2009, 8:14 am
Sanjuro
Expert...on everything...

Interesting write up on the crazy right wing reaction to this shooting on Twitter:

One side effect of Twitter is that the stupid, bigoted comments people used to make at the water cooler now get preserved for future employers to find using Google.

A small sample of the hatred expressed on Twitter after the assassination of Dr Tiller:

* Crap, I always forgot hashtags. I'm happy Tiller's dead. - Jennifer Waite, Selah, Washington
* UPDATE... Doctor George Tiller was aborted today in his 204th trimester - aren't paybacks a bitch - Punch
* oh HAPPY DAY! Tiller the baby killer is DEAD! - Samantha Pelch
* George Tiller the baby killer was shot dead this morning. God bless the gunmen who hopefully won't be caught. - readnwatchchris, Creedmor. NC
* was George Tiller the baby killers brain scrambled the way he scrambled full term fetuses.. one can only hope - Brad S
* Infamous baby killer George Tiller gunned down at (irony) church. Why do I not feel sorry for him? Have fun at Judgment Day. - James Fiddler
* tiller the baby killer shot dead...wow. is it insensitive of me to say what goes around comes around? - Brad M. Negulescu Cleveland.
* George Tiller the Baby Killer shot dead. May he rot in Hell. - Amy Strong
* Tiller Baby Killer was shot and killed this morning Justice has been served. - Shirl Ledeux
* Thinking about "Tiller the baby killer" He now knows the wages of sin is death. - Dianne McDowell
* May Tiller rot in Hell , infanticide is the murder of babies, he WAS a provider of death like Hitler, Bundy the list goes on.... - Dennis, A People Voip Company
* Burn in hell George Tiller - mikedanben Sparta, NJ (41.005501,-74.672)
* No need to pray for George Tiller. We know he went straight to hell!!!!! - Laurie D. Bailey Olive Branch, MS
* Good ridence to Tiller - babies will not be murdered because he is now gone. Wonder how he likes hell! - Jay Emess, Southern, NJ
* Karma is a beautiful thing. Cheers to the hero who sent George Tiller where he belongs... straight to hell. - Matthew Kamar
* omg!george tiller abortion dr. was killed n his church parkn lot! hell yea! - Sarah Gulick, Wtichita, Ks
* George Tiller: Burning in Hell for the last three hours. - darthdilbert Kettering, Oh
* Hmm, I know it's wrong, but I feel like the Late-Term Abortion Doctor George Tiller, got what was he deserved..... - Mary Keogh London England
* Boom Boom Boom. George Tiller was served a very very late term abortion this morning. - Chad Coleman, coeur d'alene, Id

A few more added 6:54 PM Pacific Time

* Guy shoots a Dr. to death in Church. Me I'm willing to bet that Jesus was his co-pilot. - jeremyawhitman
* Tiller the Killer goes to Church and ends up in Hell - mshellisright, Tulsa
* Tiller the Baby Killer is finally dead....God took care of what needed to be done.... - Cynthia Wrench
* The left-wing nutjobs don't understand that Tiller the baby killer was not human. No human kills babies, only monsters. Good riddance - Sami Shamieh, Walnut Creek, CA
* I guess Obama the Messiah can't resurrect Tiller the baby killer. - Sami Shamieh, Walnut Creek, CA
* The person who shot Tiller the baby killer simply excercised a man's right to choose. - Sami Shamieh, Walnut Creek, CA
* the killing of tiller the baby killer was JUSTICE, not murder. - eqbt
* Glad someone offed Tiller. Baby Killer. - Kat, Kansas

A number of these posts are tagged #tcot (top conservatives on twitter), this is apparently some new meaning of top that we're not familiar with.

The Twitter search "George Tiller" OR #Tiller was running at about one tweet per second for the last two hours. The overwhelming majority of tweets from both sides of the abortion issue expressed horror at the assassination of Dr Tiller.

If you are as outranged as we are by this senseless assassination, please donate to Planned Parenthood or Medical Students for Choice in honor of Dr Tiller.

http://carnalnation.com/content/7628/3/ ... -dr-tiller
John Cleese: The audience is too uninformed. I blame the Americans. Nation of obese, violent, pig-ignorant, bible-thumping morons contaminating world culture. That’s why I spend most of my time here in France.. Beautiful isn’t it? Just look at those olive trees.

Interviewer: This is Santa Barbara.
June 1st, 2009, 8:21 am
Sanjuro
Expert...on everything...

BecauseHeLives wrote:Tiller was a mass murderer killed by a murderer. Ironic and sad at the same time.

If abortion is murder, deadly force is justified.
Defend Tiller's killer or stop calling it murder. Grow a pair, BHL.
The Rapture already happened. All the good Christians are gone. We're stuck with the rejects.

"Why would anyone pray in private where no one can see you?"- BHL
June 1st, 2009, 9:10 am
C. Alice

C. Alice wrote:
BecauseHeLives wrote:Tiller was a mass murderer killed by a murderer. Ironic and sad at the same time.

If abortion is murder, deadly force is justified.
Defend Tiller's killer or stop calling it murder. Grow a pair, BHL.

If he DID grow a pair, I expect he'd try to use them for a brain. :lol:
June 1st, 2009, 9:12 am
SouthernFriedInfidel

Return to News