Abortion in North Carolina

by
Published on November 15th, 2008, 12:28 pm
Rift: News

Every single 15 minutes an innocent child is aborted in North Carolina.
Every hour: 4
Every Day: 93
Every Week: 652
Every Month: 2,825
Every Year: 33,900

This is JUST in NORTH CAROLINA. The reason for the vast majority of these abortions were for birth control or other me-centered reasons.

If just the people in North Carolina would choose not to abort their babies I suspect it would single handedly solve the issue of parents across the USA looking for babies to adopt.

If you are thinking about abortion think first about giving up your child to adoption. Do the right thing.
Ignore List: Nfidel; Pitbullferlucifer; C. Alice

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

"Why am I such a stupid atheist?" - C. Alice
November 15th, 2008, 12:28 pm

BecauseHeLives wrote:
If just the people in North Carolina would choose not to abort their babies I suspect it would single handedly solve the issue of parents across the USA looking for babies to adopt.

If you are thinking about abortion think first about giving up your child to adoption. Do the right thing.

And you don't see how this is exploitive? Women should be forced to have babies so that childless couples would have a good supply of unwanted babies to choose from? That is kind of sick.
November 15th, 2008, 12:41 pm
Questioner

Questioner wrote:
BecauseHeLives wrote:

And you don't see how this is exploitive? Women should be forced to have babies so that childless couples would have a good supply of unwanted babies to choose from? That is kind of sick.

How is it exploitive for them to CHOOSE to not abort their baby but CHOOSE to give it up for adoption. You are the sick old lady from Colorado that believes a person's right to murder is greater than a person's right to live. That isn't "kind of sick". It is sick. How many babies have you murdered in your lifetime??

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

November 15th, 2008, 2:44 pm
BecauseHeLives

BecauseHeLives wrote:
Questioner wrote:And you don't see how this is exploitive? Women should be forced to have babies so that childless couples would have a good supply of unwanted babies to choose from? That is kind of sick.

How is it exploitive for them to CHOOSE to not abort their baby but CHOOSE to give it up for adoption. You are the sick old lady from Colorado that believes a person's right to murder is greater than a person's right to live. That isn't "kind of sick". It is sick. How many babies have you murdered in your lifetime??

But you don't want that to be their choice. You want to FORCE women to have those babies so that childless couples have a supply for their demand. You have just turned babies into a commodity. Nice work BHL.

And by the way, no many how many times you use the word, "murder" it still isn't murder. A fetus isn't a person--either in the bible or in U.S. jurisprudence.
November 16th, 2008, 11:40 am
Questioner

Questioner wrote:
BecauseHeLives wrote:
Questioner wrote:And you don't see how this is exploitive? Women should be forced to have babies so that childless couples would have a good supply of unwanted babies to choose from? That is kind of sick.

But you don't want that to be their choice. You want to FORCE women to have those babies so that childless couples have a supply for their demand. You have just turned babies into a commodity. Nice work BHL.

And by the way, no many how many times you use the word, "murder" it still isn't murder. A fetus isn't a person--either in the bible or in U.S. jurisprudence.

Dear sick old lady,

Childless couples is not the reason I oppose abortion and I think you know that quite well. But it seems to be a point you are rallying around. It's a false point though. And... abortion is murder. A fetus is living by any use of science you wish to use. A fetus is a baby. If you participate in abortion in any way, including supporting it, you are indeed a murderer. "Nice" work Q.

Funny you should mention turning babies into a commodity... isn't that waht pro-"choice" people do? You'll be held accountable someday for all of the choices you make.

November 16th, 2008, 12:53 pm
BecauseHeLives

BHL wrote this crap; I'm copying it here so he can't worm out by deleting it:

"Dear sick old lady,

Childless couples is not the reason I oppose abortion and I think you know that quite well. But it seems to be a point you are rallying around. It's a false point though. And... abortion is murder. A fetus is living by any use of science you wish to use. A fetus is a baby. If you participate in abortion in any way, including supporting it, you are indeed a murderer. "Nice" work Q.
Funny you should mention turning babies into a commodity... isn't that waht pro-"choice" people do? You'll be held accountable someday for all of the choices you make. "
The Rapture already happened. All the good Christians are gone. We're stuck with the rejects.

"Why would anyone pray in private where no one can see you?"- BHL
November 16th, 2008, 2:14 pm
C. Alice

BecauseHeLives wrote: You are the sick old lady from Colorado that believes a person's right to murder is greater than a person's right to live. That isn't "kind of sick". It is sick. How many babies have you murdered in your lifetime??

captain-kirk-failed.jpg
John Cleese: The audience is too uninformed. I blame the Americans. Nation of obese, violent, pig-ignorant, bible-thumping morons contaminating world culture. That’s why I spend most of my time here in France.. Beautiful isn’t it? Just look at those olive trees.

Interviewer: This is Santa Barbara.
November 16th, 2008, 2:41 pm
Sanjuro
Expert...on everything...

BecauseHeLives wrote:A fetus is living by any use of science you wish to use. A fetus is a baby

A blastocyst is not an embryo is not a fetus is not a baby is not a child is not an adult. By any use of science. Which is why they have different names. Yet preventing a bunch of undifferentiated cells from implanting by using emergency contraception is murder. Because there is no use of science that could possibly distinguish this:
blastocyst.jpg
blastocyst.jpg (3.91 KiB) Viewed 835 times

from this:
fetus.jpg
fetus.jpg (3.83 KiB) Viewed 790 times

from this:
baby.jpg
baby.jpg (2.59 KiB) Viewed 789 times

or this:
children.jpg
children.jpg (5.2 KiB) Viewed 790 times

No difference at all. That's why embryos have the vote, can drive cars, buy guns and marry (embryos of the opposite gender of course)
Religion is regarded by the common people as true; by the wise as false, and by politicians as useful." Lucius Annaeus Seneca 4 BCE - 65CE
November 16th, 2008, 3:46 pm
A Person

A Person wrote:
BecauseHeLives wrote:A fetus is living by any use of science you wish to use. A fetus is a baby

A blastocyst is not an embryo is not a fetus is not a baby is not a child is not an adult. By any use of science. Which is why they have different names. Yet preventing a bunch of undifferentiated cells from implanting by using emergency contraception is murder. Because there is no use of science that could possibly distinguish this:
blastocyst.jpg

from this:
fetus.jpg

from this:
baby.jpg

or this:
children.jpg

No difference at all. That's why embryos have the vote, can drive cars, buy guns and marry (embryos of the opposite gender of course)

Is it not living? Yes. It is.

November 16th, 2008, 3:54 pm
BecauseHeLives

Does it have a brain? Sentience? The ability to live separated from its host?
Religion is regarded by the common people as true; by the wise as false, and by politicians as useful." Lucius Annaeus Seneca 4 BCE - 65CE
November 16th, 2008, 4:01 pm
A Person

A Person wrote:Does it have a brain? Sentience? The ability to live separated from its host?

Do a lot of people living in nursing homes have those abilities? Are you saying that if a person can't think like you and I or can't live without assistance then they don't have a right to live?

Try again.

November 16th, 2008, 4:33 pm
BecauseHeLives

BecauseHeLives wrote:Do a lot of people living in nursing homes have those abilities?
Yes. all of them

BecauseHeLives wrote:Are you saying that if a person can't think like you and I or can't live without assistance then they don't have a right to live?
No
November 16th, 2008, 4:46 pm
A Person

Many have their own points of view, and it is our right to express them. You are expressing yours, so I will express mine.

There is something called free will, which is in essence, the ability/option to chose, whether it be religious, career, moral, or otherwise. We are given the ability to chose to do what we want to do. There are also consequences to those actions, no matter what. So, that gives you the ability to belive that abortion is murder, and gives me the ability to believe that it is the woman's choice, not anyone else's, as to what she does with her body. It also shows that there will be consequences to those actions for her, may it be in a religious context, mentally, physically, what ever.

That being said, it seems appropriate to say that you wont be dealing with the consequences, she will. So, what gives you the right to tell a woman what she can do with your body, when the consequences of HER decision, wont affect your life? It doesn't hurt you, it hurts your sense of morality. (Morality, by definition, ability to distinguish good and evil or right and wrong, right or good conduct.) What right do you have to determine for everyone what is right and wrong? You don't. You chose not to have one.. awesome! You live your life the way you choose, by your guidelines ( religious or otherwise), and deal with the consequences you personally make. Let others do the same.

When it comes to the adoption thing. There is no strong base for that comment. There are children every where, in foster homes, that deserve good homes. They aren't infants, but they deserve good homes too. There is a chance that if that venue was taken first, then maybe there wouldn't be a "shortage". It seems a little sad that people who claim to want a child, are being picky. And that is what you are implying.

When it comes to when it is considered a life? Well, your believe at conception. Groovy. Other's don't. This will be debated forever, so I am not going to even get into it.

It is a person's right to choose, not a person's right to murder. Your are not in the position that these girls are, nor will you be dealing with the consequences of their actions. You have no say in what others do in their lives. Accept it and move on.
November 16th, 2008, 5:35 pm
bugg

The determination for whether you should be able to kill stuff should follow the following criteria:

1) Can it take a poo?
2) Can it laugh?

If it can't do both, it's game.
May the fetus you save be gay.
November 16th, 2008, 8:26 pm
Liv

Follow Me
Many have their own points of view, and it is our right to express them. You are expressing yours, so I will express mine.

Ok lot's of points here I'd like to comment on so here goes.

There is something called free will, which is in essence, the ability/option to chose, whether it be religious, career, moral, or otherwise. We are given the ability to chose to do what we want to do. There are also consequences to those actions, no matter what. So, that gives you the ability to belive that abortion is murder, and gives me the ability to believe that it is the woman's choice, not anyone else's, as to what she does with her body. It also shows that there will be consequences to those actions for her, may it be in a religious context, mentally, physically, what ever.

I'm sort of following you here...

That being said, it seems appropriate to say that you wont be dealing with the consequences, she will. So, what gives you the right to tell a woman what she can do with your body, when the consequences of HER decision, wont affect your life? It doesn't hurt you, it hurts your sense of morality. (Morality, by definition, ability to distinguish good and evil or right and wrong, right or good conduct.)

If we use this logic then I shouldn't be upset that somebody goes out and kills 5 people in a drive by on High Point road or if somebody drinks too much and decides to drink and drive thereby killing an innocent family of four. Niether instance directly affects me so why should I care, right? The fact that abortion is killing an innocent baby that CAN NOT speak of fend for itself is the "moral" thing to do. It's also the biblical thing to do. That baby has a different DNA than the mother and is seperate but dependent on the mother (sort of like a 4-year old kid).

Also please define goo and evil for me. I don't think you can.

What right do you have to determine for everyone what is right and wrong? You don't.

I don't choose who is right and wrong. The Word of God determines this. God. Take it up with Him if you don't like it. I sense he won't agree with your relative rule of what's right and what's wrong.

Is right always right and wrong always wrong? Is it decided by majority? What compass do you use that doesn't change with time?

You chose not to have one.. awesome!

How do you know this? I think you assume too much.

You live your life the way you choose, by your guidelines ( religious or otherwise), and deal with the consequences you personally make. Let others do the same.

I wish it were that simple. But something about protecting the innocent and defenseless against the selfish self-centered crowd keeps me going.

When it comes to the adoption thing. There is no strong base for that comment. There are children every where, in foster homes, that deserve good homes. They aren't infants, but they deserve good homes too. There is a chance that if that venue was taken first, then maybe there wouldn't be a "shortage". It seems a little sad that people who claim to want a child, are being picky. And that is what you are implying.

You are WAY out of your league on this topic buddy. I am first hand involved in foster care and adoption for kids in the ranges of 4 to 11 and for every child that comes up for adoption there are typically 100 families putting in applications (that have already been through the approval process) wanting to adopt the kids. Applications are typically only taken for one day for a child because workers can't go through so many applications. And this is all over the USA... not just here in good ol' NC. To say that people are being picky just shows your ignorance of the subject matter.

When it comes to when it is considered a life? Well, your believe at conception. Groovy. Other's don't. This will be debated forever, so I am not going to even get into it.

That's fine. We'll all have to account for our actions someday. When do YOU believe life begins?

It is a person's right to choose, not a person's right to murder.

Where is the baby's right to choose?

Your are not in the position that these girls are, nor will you be dealing with the consequences of their actions. You have no say in what others do in their lives. Accept it and move on.

Girls? The majority of abortions are not with girls and the majority of abortions that take place are simply because the woman does not want the child (birth control). You are correct that I have no say in their lives but I'll do everything I can to convince them to avoid abortion.

November 16th, 2008, 9:53 pm
BecauseHeLives

Code: Select all
That's fine. We'll all have to account for our actions someday. When do YOU believe life begins?

Your going on the base of conception, I go along the base that of if it can live outside the womb or not. I am not pro-abortion. I am pro-choice, but I do not believe in partial birth abortions. Period. But I am not going to let you bully me for my opinion, and your comments are not going to change my point of view or make me feel guilty. I respect yours, please respect mine. And No, it is not like a 4 year old kid. It is not outside of the womb. It may have seperate DNA, but can it live outside the womb during the first trimester? I think not.

Where is the baby's right to choose?

Well, that goes back to when is it a life.. so there will always be differing opinions about that. Already expressed my view, not going to reexplain...

I don't choose who is right and wrong. The Word of God determines this. God. Take it up with Him if you don't like it. I sense he won't agree with your relative rule of what's right and what's wrong.

Is right always right and wrong always wrong? Is it decided by majority? What compass do you use that doesn't change with time?

Your going based on " the word of god". Your going on religious beliefs, not proven fact. Prove it to me, beyond the bible, then maybe I will consider what you have to say. Right is right, wrong is wrong, but remember it differs depending on culture. They have honor killing in Middle East, killing a girl if it even looks like she is being "immoral", which in that culture means that just talking to a male can do that to you. They see this as a honorable thing to do, yet I would assume, the "majority" of this country would find that intolerable. So yeah, majority may rule, but right and wrong are based on cultural values. It is not cut and dried. Your view on right and wrong is not one that everyone shares. Oh, and good and evil.. goes along the same concept. I believe in a higher power, and I believe that he gave is free will, so I will deal with my actions when it comes to him, just as everyone else. Compasses change with time yes, but that doesn't mean that someone's "moral compass" is going to go in your direction.

How do you know this? I think you assume too much.

I choose to believe this because your pushing your point of view about choosing adoption, not abortion. Unless your a person who says something and does the other, then I would assume that you would never had, or let your girl, wife, whatever , have one.

When it comes to the adoption thing.... My house is full of people who spend the holidays who do not have family, because no one wanted to adopt them. Foster kids who are now 18, 20, to 25, that were told they were TOO OLD when they went into the foster care system, to be able to find homes. So yeah, you may have that experience, but mine has shown people to be a bit different.

yes, you can try. And no, they are not women. Alot of the females that have abortions maybe legally an adult, but that does not make them make adult decisions. Doesn't mean that they are mature. But not all women use it as form of birth control. I am very very careful, and yet it could still happen to me. DO we really want to get into this. I am 25 year old woman, who never wants to bear children, and takes every possible precaution to not get pregnant, yet I am not allowed to make the choice to have my tubes tied..Here in Tx, it is very difficult for a woman with no kids to get that. So I will be damned if someone is going to tell me that I cannot fix the problem permanently, and that then tell me that I am wrong to not have it if I do. Accidents happen, people are raped, condoms break, and medications sometimes don't work under duress. I would say 90 of the women who have them, don't make a snap decision about it. They think long and hard about the decision that doing, and why, and what for. They aren't just concerned about themselves, but they take into account how it is going to affect their family, ect.[stock][/stock]
November 17th, 2008, 10:54 am
bugg

BecauseHeLives wrote:Is right always right and wrong always wrong? Is it decided by majority? What compass do you use that doesn't change with time?
Moral relativism and majority rules morals are the Christian practice. The New Testament changed the foul Old Testament 'compass'; Luther, Calvin or Augustus were happy to kill infidels Jews, apostates, and Muslims; modern Christians reject biblically endorsed slavery and witch burning.

So how do we determine right from wrong? By using empathy and reason to reduce suffering. Now I know that there are problems with a morality based strictly on utilitarianism, but these pale in comparison to the problems trying to parse good moral decisions from the Bible or even deciding which Holy Book to use. The majority usually prevails there.

BecauseHeLives wrote:baby has a different DNA than the mother and is seperate but dependent on the mother (sort of like a 4-year old kid).
There is a huge difference between a 4 year old kid and an embryo. A four year old kid is capable of independent life. By that I mean that while it has needs that have to be supplied by another person (as I do too), that person can be anyone and need not be the mother. As a society we can, and do, take children from their parents if their parents are abusive or fail to provide the necessary care. That is not possible with a fetus. Few people support the late term abortion of a viable fetus except for extraordinary circumstances. If you cannot see the difference between aborting a blastocyst and a viable fetus or killing a four year oid child then your moral compass is useless.
November 17th, 2008, 10:58 am
A Person

The posts from bugg were mine, and thank you A Person. You speak very eloquently.
November 17th, 2008, 4:30 pm
foreverbugg

Liv wrote:The determination for whether you should be able to kill stuff should follow the following criteria:

2) Can it laugh?

If it can't do both, it's game.

That means that when you are asleep or in a coma you are not human and someone who can do both things is permitted to exterminate you.

Care to reconsider?

Sterling
January 21st, 2009, 11:30 am
royaldiadem

Liv's comments are hers alone but I assume she was making a facetious comment and not intending to be taken seriously.
January 21st, 2009, 12:00 pm
A Person

royaldiadem wrote:That means that when you are asleep or in a coma you are not human and someone who can do both things is permitted to exterminate you.

Care to reconsider?

Sterling

ThreadNecro.gif

You really need to come back more often, Ster.

*note - this was the best thread necro image I could find.*
January 21st, 2009, 12:21 pm
HOPOMaster

Every single 15 minutes an innocent child is murdered in North Carolina.

January 21st, 2009, 12:34 pm
BecauseHeLives

BecauseHeLives wrote:Every single 15 minutes an innocent child is murdered in North Carolina.

You know, that's odd, I do vaguely remember seeing that somewhere before.

Oh, that's right, it's at the top of the page! We really don't have that short of attention spans, BHL.
January 21st, 2009, 12:50 pm
HOPOMaster

arg-parrot-abortion.gif
January 21st, 2009, 12:59 pm
A Person

Every single 15 minutes an innocent child is murdered in North Carolina.

January 21st, 2009, 1:03 pm
BecauseHeLives

Return to News